Visitors can be good medicine for patients, so we have made visiting hours as generous as possible - from 11:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily. In some areas like the maternity floor and the critical care unit, visiting hours may vary. Contact the individual unit for specific information.
The following guidelines take into consideration patient comfort and need for rest and support from family and friends:
- Two visitors per patient generally are considered appropriate.
- Be considerate of other patients by reminding visitors to keep noise to a minimum.
- People with colds, sore throats or contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments, or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the hospital or hospital campus grounds.
Late Evening Visits:
Overnight, between the hours of 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m., visitors will need to use the front doors of the hospital building. The other hospital entrances are closed for security purposes.